Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A look back at anatomy

I am now 1 month and some change after anatomy. The first few weeks were tough, but once head and neck was over, it was smooth sailing. Thorax gave me the most trouble, mostly because we had a test 3 days after the 1st day. Head and neck went very well once I got my bearings, but it was definitely the hardest. Abdomen and pelvis was a joke, mainly because we had an extra week where we did nothing. Once I got into my groove, I was having a good time. Scrubbing up everyday and being in the shit storm of our daily schedule for 5 weeks fostered a sense of comradery within our class. I am glad it's over, but I'm also glad I experienced it. I think my mic drop will go out to me being able to eat well and keep up a decent workout schedule (lunch runs with Navee, Sophie, and Laura!) during the course.

I would have preferred a year-long anatomy course. I am guessing that this will be my favorite subject in school; unfortunately it felt very rushed. I retained some of this information (through testing during my preceptorship), but looking through FireCracker makes me think that I did not retain enough. Hopefully we have more opportunities to test out our anatomy knowledge and intertwine it with different subjects throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment